Wednesday 4 June 2014

World Cup Four: Albstadt, Germany

The week between Nove Mesto and Albstadt was a blur. One moment I was on the line getting the 15-second warning in Czech and the next I was crossing the finish line in Albstadt.


The courses were polar opposites, with technical ups and downs in Nove Mesto and steep open climbs with fast flowing descents in Albstadt. I raced in Albstadt in 2012 with the Australian team as one of our lead in races to World Championships that year and it was a completely different course to the weekend’s track. Back then it was a mud fest and every climb and descent I walked. This time the track was dry but slippery on the descents making the course extremely quick.

I started 33rd on the grid, which was about the 4th row and crossing the line in around 34th after the start loop, I managed to stay in the 30s all day. A Canadian rider that I was close to last weekend in Nove Mesto was either the rider in front or behind me, switching around throughout the race. With the bell sounding to signal one lap to go, I knew I had to keep looking forward and try and catch anyone that was in front of me and not lose any positions at the same time. I crossed the line in 38th place and was really happy with how my race went and looking forward to the challenges ahead.
 
A huge thanks to all my sponsors and family who support me and motivate me to do my best with no regrets. Now headed to Belgium to spend some quality training time with my coach. Stay tuned for updates!


 




No comments:

Post a Comment