Thursday 13 June 2013

Swiss Racer Cup - Graenichen


Well I had to pinch myself just to make sure it was really happening, I was back in Europe to race World Cup again! It was a six day turn around between arriving and my first race. The Swiss Racer Cup was to be my warm up for the World Cup in a weeks time in Val Di Sole, Italy. 

We stayed about 16km from the course and it took a time to find it. After a quick team meeting it was clear that a GPS was essential to help us get around! The first few days were all about recovering from the travel and getting used to the course. It was a proper Euro track with long steep climbs and steep descents,  with drops and roots all over the place. The multi -national line up was also impressive.  With many of the big names on the start list the race was going to be on from the gun! It's what excites and draws us here. 




I started in 37 position, about 6 rows from the front. There were about 80 starters. My start was good coming through on the first lap in the top fifty with 7 laps to go. I found my rhythm on the 2-3 laps and started to move up the field making up a few positions each lap. The last few laps proved really hard as I was getting tired and the technical sections were getting more and more cut out, revealing more and more roots.  I finished off strong, placing 37th and equalling my start number. I was happy with this result and felt it was a great way to start my European assault!







A huge thanks to all my sponsors for helping me do what I love doing. I'm looking forward to the coming weeks of racing, with the World Cup next Saturday afternoon. Then I'll be heading north to Belgium to spend time training with my coach, Yvo and racing on the road and mountain bike. 



No comments:

Post a Comment